To find articles on a subject, use Healthcare Databases Advanced Search (HDAS)
To learn more about how to find articles on a subject you can Contact us to arrange a training session on searching databases. We offer one-to-one training at a time to suit you, or can arrange group training sessions in the Library or at your workplace
Or you can use the e-learning below
E-learning for Health has a Programme on Literature Searching. The modules are designed to help clinical and non-clinical staff and students build confidence to search published literature for articles and evidence relevant to their work, study and research. The modules are short (each taking no more than 20 minutes to complete) and may be ‘dipped into’ for reference, or completed to obtain a certificate. There are seven modules suitable for novice searchers and those wishing to refresh their knowledge:
- Module 1 Introduction to searching
- Module 2 Where do I start searching?
- Module 3 How do I start to develop a search strategy?
- Modules 4 Too many results? How to narrow your search
- Module 5 Too few results? How to broaden your search
- Module 6 Searching with subject headings
And this series of YouTube videos gives you a quick introduction to the functionality in HDAS.