To find articles on a subject, use Healthcare Databases Advanced Search (HDAS)
To learn more about how to find articles on a subject you can Contact us to arrange a training session on searching databases. We offer one-to-one training at a time to suit you, or can arrange group training sessions in the Library, on Teams or at your workplace
Or you can use the e-learning below
E-learning for Health has a Programme on Literature Searching. The modules are short ( no more than 20 minutes) and may be ‘dipped into’ or completed to obtain a certificate. There are seven modules suitable for new searchers and those wishing to refresh their knowledge:
- Module 1 Introduction to searching
- Module 2 Where do I start searching?
- Module 3 How do I start to develop a search strategy?
- Modules 4 Too many results? How to narrow your search
- Module 5 Too few results? How to broaden your search
- Module 6 Searching with subject headings
And this series of YouTube videos gives you a quick introduction to HDAS (Healthcare Databases Advance Search).